Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Squeezed By A Snake (Defiance Democrat 11 Nov 1899)





Image result for cuban snakes







    Paulding Boy Serving as a soldier in Cuba Had a Scare.




    Mrs C.E. Cooke received a snake skin from her son Harry, which she received the following letter.

Puertoprincipe, Cuba  13 Oct 1899

Mrs C.E. Cooke

    I sent you a skin snake of a Cuban snake thinking that you would like to see it. You can give it away if you wish for it give me the hardest fight I ever had and although it is six weeks since I killed it. I am not well yet from its effects. We went out for a few days scouting taking sketches, etc., and becoming tired I sat down to rest, under a palm tree and fell sleep. Almost touching the palm, was a mango tree and the snake was in its branches. I awoke with a start to find its slimy coils slowly encircling my body and you may imagine my surprise and terror. I thought my time had come, but I said to myself there would be a struggle first. I grabbed the snake with my free hand but he began to tighten around me. The trouble was, he was around my shoulders and chest, shutting off my wind. I threw myself with a mighty effort against the palm tree, it almost made me faint, but it caused him to let go his hold a little. As I recovered my breath I became stronger and getting my right hand free, grabbed my gun and finally made his head look as if it had been passed over by a railway train. My hand is very sore from it yet, but think it will be all O.K. in a few weeks. It was not an enjoyable position, and you can bet I won't go to sleep under any tree in this locality. The boys tell me if that snake had been two feet longer, I would be under that tree yet. We expect to be ordered home in May and then go to the Philippines. 
                    Harry Cooke
               1st sergt., Co. D., U.S.R Inf

3 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed all of this very cool information gclub

    ReplyDelete
  2. • กำจัดขน
    • กระตุ้นการผลิตคอลลาเจนชูกระชับผิวหน้า (Tightening) หายไปริ้วรอยช่วยทำให้ผิวเรียบเนียน
    • รอยหลุมสิวตื้นขึ้นแล้วก็รูขุมขนกระชับขึ้นผิวหน้าละเอียดแล้วก็เรียบเนียน
    • รักษาสิวอักเสบรอยแดงจากสิวหรือเส้นเลือดฝอยที่แตกต่างจากปกติ
    • ลดความหมองคล้ำผิวกระจ่างขาวสวยใสมองดูอ่อนกว่าวัย
    • กำจัดเส้นโลหิตขอดแล้วก็เส้นเลือดฝอย
    • รักษาเส้นโลหิตขอดเล็กๆได้โดยไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาผ่าตัด ไม่ต้องนอนพัก แต่ว่าบางทีอาจจำต้องทำต่อเนื่องกันหลายทีก็เลยจะได้ผลลัพธ์ที่ดี

    เลเซอร์ขนขา
    เลเซอร์รักแร้
    เลเซอร์บิกินี
    เลเซอร์ กำจัดขนหน้า
    เลเซอร์ กำจัดขน รักแร้

    ReplyDelete
  3. ฉีดเผาผลาญไขมัน




    ของใหม่





    ฉีดลดแฟตที่ปลอดภัยและก็







    มีคุณภาพ



    ที่สุดในโลกที่ศิลปิน



    ฮอลลีวู้ดใช้ ยืนยัน









    ผล







    กับการฉีดลดแฟตที่เหมาะสมที่สุด









    ได้ผล



    เยอะที่สุด





    ในโลกจากอังกฤษ



    ยุโรป อเมริกาแล้วก็







    กาหลีตัวยาที่ทรงอำนาจ





    ที่สุดในตอนนี้






    Hyarulondase
    ที่สลายสารที่เติมเต็ม ที่มีส่วนผสมของสารต่างๆอย่างเช่น

















    hayarulonic มีคุณภาพ



    ฟุ้งกระจายปฏิบัติหน้าที่





    โดยตรงสำหรับการ







    ลดการกักเก็บน้ำช่วยทำให้







    ความสมดุลแก่ผิวฉีดสลายไขมัน
    meso fat

    ReplyDelete